NWA Smoky Mountain News
NWA Smoky Mountain News for Dec. 31, 2012
- Before we get into the news today, We want to take this time to thank our great fans for making 2012 the greatest year in the history of our promotion. As a way to show our appreciation, All 2012 DVDs are Buy 1, Get 1 FREE now through Midnight on Jan. 2... Check out the selection here.
- Johnny Knieval has made his choice... On Saturday, January 12 at the Kingsport Civic Auditorium, it will be Knieval vs. Owens II for the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title!
Chase Owens has risen to be the hottest young star in the sport, largely due to his performances at the Kingsport Civic Auditorium... But Kingsport, TN is Knieval's Hometown and this is his 1st Singles Main Event in the city's most legendary wrestling venue!
- Knieval's decision to face Chase Owens, has put his partner, Josh Crawford in a tight spot... Crawford had already signed on for a Re-Match against the Illuminati (Tony Givens & Chris Richards) for the NWA Tennessee Tag Team Titles on January 12 at House Party. NWA Smoky Mountain Commissioner, John Moorehouse gave Crawford the option to postpone the match until another date when Knieval would be available, or to choose another partner to compete against Givens & Richards at House Party... Crawford refused to wait and has selected Daniel Mulligan as his partner for January 12.
But that's not the end of the story in the tag team situation... Air America (Skylar Kruze & Gavin Darring) contacted the office over the weekend and asked Commissioner Moorehouse for a re-match against The Illuminati on January 12... Air America defeated the Givens & Richards on Christmas Night by disqualification and have every right to another match with the champions.
Today, Commissioner Moorehouse made the official decision that on January 12 in Kingsport, TN; The Illuminati will defend the NWA Tennessee Tag Team Titles against both Air America and the team of Crawford & Mulligan in a 3 Way Elimination Match!
- A New Year brings New Contenders and a New Contenders Ring! For those of you not familiar with the Contenders Ring click here to read about the rules of the Contenders Ring
3 Contenders Ring Matches have been signed for House Party 2012:
Coming off the biggest win of his career this past weekend on NWA Smoky Mountain TV against Steve Corino, Jeff Connelly is on a mission to win gold in NWA Smoky Mountain in 2013... In order to do that, he must step into the Contenders Ring by defeating a man he is no stranger with, Alex Avgerinos! While Avgerinos is new to NWA Smoky Mountain, he is not new to Connelly as they have battle several times in the Carolinas.
It has been several months since we have seen "The Party Boy" Keith Knox in an NWA Smoky Mountain ring... The Party Boy is back and he is refocused on reclaiming the NWA Smoky Mountain Title. On January 12 in Kingsport, TN he will face another man who is on a mission to unseat Jason Kincaid, "The Center of Attention" Alyx Winters... What will happen when these 2 veteran heavyweights face off with a spot in The Contenders Ring on the Line!
"The Reaper" Matt Conard has made a huge impression in NWA Smoky Mountain in 2012. He hopes to make 2013 event bigger, by putting gold around his waist. His path to The Contenders Ring leads him to the NWA Hall of Famer and Pro Wrestling Legend, Ricky Morton... Morton was at ringside with his protege, Chase Owens, when Conard came within seconds of winning in the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title in October. So Morton knows 1st hand what a dangerous competitor Conard is.But "The Legend" is looking for one last run with NWA gold, but he has to get through Conard to get that chance.
- NWA House Party 2013 on Saturday, January 12 is shaping up to be one of the best NWA Smoky Mountain card's ever... Advance Tickets for that event are now on sale for that event here.